Follow by Email


We are very sad to report that there is a young man going door to door in the Las Vegas area representing himself as part of Kassidy's Army. We would NEVER go door to door asking for donations, please call the police or email us at See official fundraisers below!

Saturday, November 19, 2011

November 19, 2011

Whewwww what a week! Our patience and faith was definitely tried this week.

Thursday morning was the roughest for Kass, she had been off treatment since midnight the night before since she could not eat or drink anything to prepare herself for the gastric emptying scan so again she was not feeling well in the morning when I woke her up. 

When we got to Steinberg checking in went much smoother than the day before.  Thank you God! I don't think I could have taken another fight like the day before.  Kass was asked to eat a shredded turkey sandwich that I brought with me and the technician put radioactive drops so they could see the progression of her digestion on the scan.  She had such a hard time eating the sandwich since she was feeling nauseous and her poor hands were shaking as she ate it.  The technician told her that if she threw up, the test would have to be rescheduled.  To tell you the truth I would have not mind, but she did it!  I was so proud of her, she's so strong.   

I got to sit right outside her door and could see that she had fallen asleep on the table.  Sigh!  While sitting there, I had two ladies looking for me, they came over and apologized for the misunderstanding that had happened the day before and also said they would try to figure things out with the insurance.  When I got home I got a call from one of them and she told me that we would be reimbursing us for the MRI charge.  Wow, talk about blessings...

Soon after we got home I was able to hook Kass back up to her medicine and it only took 30 minutes and her whole persona started changing.  Amazing how the medicine makes her feel so much better.  We noticed that when she's off she has her old symptoms magnified, really bad hiccups, nausea, headache, off balance...

That evening right before we went to bed we got an email from our doctor at the clinic.  She explained the MRI results; she said that the tumor seemed to be stable (meaning unchanged) and the previous lesion found last MRI was slightly less enhanced, meaning it seemed to be a tid bit better.  See how it had been quite the last two days, we didn't take it so well, I guess we were hoping for more shrinkage.  It took us till the next day to actually accept the fact that it was good news; that we should be thankful for the news of no new growth.  We are just a little impatient and pray that the treatment keeps working.

Friday morning, Kass's pump decided that it was going to act up.  It took me over an hour to get the dumb thing to work while talking to tech support about troubleshooting it.  I was afraid that I was going to have to the drip old fashion system and have a heart attack at the same time.   So glad the person on the phone was quite patient with me!  Got it to work just in time to get Kass back to school.

That evening we picked up Kyle from the airport.  It was so great to have him home.  We are all excited to be able to spend a week with him before he goes back to college.  It's a breath of fresh air.  Kass and him have been inseparable ever since.
Celebrating Kyle being home! Sushi, yummmm

We hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.  Remember to be thankful for the important things in life, I know we are.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

So glad to hear your family can be together for Thanksgiving. Will continue to pray the tumor shrinks - but it sounds like Kassidy is doing great in spite of all the obstacles. Cancer kids are AMAZING!! Know you are on my mind and in my prayers!

have a blessed thanksgiving.

much love,