Warning

We are very sad to report that there is a young man going door to door in the Las Vegas area representing himself as part of Kassidy's Army. We would NEVER go door to door asking for donations, please call the police or email us at kassidysarmy@live.com. See official fundraisers below!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June 13, 2011

A little ray of hope today! In our never ending search of treatments we have found the Burzynski Clinic in Houston, Texas.  This clinic was brought to my attention by Matt's mom a few days ago and in friends and family researching we keep going back to this therapy.  Number one reason because there is no real serious side effects.  Chemo and radiation seem to be pretty debilitating and we are concerned with Kassidy's quality of life after treatment.
This clinic performs an antineoplaston therapy that uses human dna which includes natural peptides that are found in the blood and urine that can be used to control cancer growth.  The clinical trials are on Phase III of FDA approval, which is the last step before the FDA approves the drug to be prescribed by doctors.  Antineoplaston therapy supposedly triggers the death of cancer cells without inhibiting normal cell growth.  They "turn on" the tumor suppressor genes and "turn off" the oncogenes which cause cancer.
On their site I found a story of a patient named Jessica Ressel who was 11 years old when she was diagnosed with a diffused intrinsic brain stem glioma and after a year of therapy her tumor was gone.  She has been in remission since then and she is now 24 years old, married, with two children.  The best part of all is that she did not experience any bad neurological damage from treatment.  Also her treatment was done in 1996 and I'm sure since then the clinic has been able to better their treatment.   I do think I found her online and have sent her a message, which I hope she returns.
Downside of this process is the cost, which we will be willing to fundraise for.  I already have friends brainstorming ideas so we can get the show on the road.  We will do anything to get Kassidy the treatment she needs.  Our baby is a fighter and with her great attitude I do believe she will suceed.
"Never give up!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God for His grace and mercy extended to you. Jeremiah 29:11-15
New International Version (NIV)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Chewy (chelsa) said...

hey mass! i was wondering if it would be okay if i could take part in the fundraising too. i have many thoughts and ideas also! i will do whatever it takes to get my best friend what she needs. <3 KASS I LOVE YOU ALL THE WAY TO HEAVEN N BACK TIMES GOOGLEPLEX AND BEYOND CUBED!

ryanandmass said...

Call me Chewy and let's hear your ideas!